Got my first rifle!

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by clayshooter25/25, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Today I bought my first rifle for something to do while I'm not shooting/reloading for my shotgun. The gun I got was the basic Marlin Model 60 .22LR cal at Wal-Mart. The price was only around $100 so I couldn't pass up the deal. I have also heard good things about the Marlin Model 60 and how accurate it can be. The only thing I need to do now is to find a place to shoot it at. I will be joining another gun club soon hopefully so that I can do some target shooting at paper tagets and plinking at swivel targets. The Model 60 felt a lot better to me than the Ruger 10/22 because the stock is higher and I have long arms. I also didn't care about adding stuff to it. I just wanted a cheap accurate rifle to play around with for some informal fun once in a while. I picked up some CCI Mini-Mags, CCI Stingers, Remington Target, and some CCI CB Longs to try out. Hopefully I will find a place to shoot and get a chance to shoot it in the near future. In the mean time I will spend my time here on Shootingworld talking about rifles! :D

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Clayshooter I owned a marlin 60 and I never had a minute of problems with it,and it was very accurate,I gave it to a youngster that could never have been able to get one hisself,the family was 11 children and the dad was on disability,I'm not sure what didn't work that kept him on disability but I do know some part of him worked,his wife dropped children like a brood sow,1 per year.As of about 1998 the marlin was still doing fine.I bought it in the 70's or 80's and gave it to brian in 92 or 93.Have fun.Drop-Shot

3. grimel

grimel Guest

The two biggest problems are no cleaning and possible spring set. I cleaned about 3 bales of hay from my grandfathers when it jammed up. Replaced the spring after who knows how many rounds and years of setting loaded.