Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these, just bought one new
was also given a box of remington corelock 120 gr psp with it.
what kind of accuracy can i expect from this cartridge,as it is the first small bore rifle ive owned, i usually shoot a custom BSA
enfield pattern 14 rifle in 303 cal.
any thoughts you may have would be good

thanks

· Registered
376 Posts
i can't vouch for the .25-06 caliber, but i can for the H&R.
the rifle will shoot flawlessly. i have 2 H&R's a .45-70, and a .223. both shoot true. check out the posts on NEF's there are many good posts about it.

· Registered
162 Posts
The 25-06 is an excellent cartridge. Great 300 yard deer round. Shoots flat and hits hard enough. It used to be a wildcat when someone necked down the 30-06 to .25 cal. but then the ammo companies made it a SAAMI standard.

Definitely a deer/coyote cartridge- too light for anything bigger.

I don't own a NEF rifle, but I have heard that they are plenty accurate and very rugged. Relatively inexpensive too. Cheap way to get a rifle in a chambering that maybe you want to shoot, but don't plan on using a ton so don't want to drop big $$ on a gun. I kind of like the idea of shooting a single shot - even though the only single shot I own is a 20gauge Stoeger.

· Registered
79 Posts
I've had an Ultra for a while now, it shoots a 3 shot group into less than an inch with the first 2 rounds touching using the federal 115gr NP and the Hornady 117gr BTSP. 5 shot groups open up to about 1½" which is still plenty good for hunting purposes.

· Premium Member
1,876 Posts
The H&Rs shoot great! :D And, that 25-06 is a wonderful round, IMHO. Before it was a production round, I used a similar 25/270 ICL to take a desert bighorn. If I could have bought a production 25-06 back then, its what I'd have used. 8) 8) 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.