Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Ruger Blackhawk .357. I reload some pretty stout stuff for this gun. I was thinking of getting a lever action chambered the same. Winchester or Marlin. Are these guns stout enough to shoot heavy loads from or should I stick with factory stuff? Strictly looking for opinions with this one; Of these two guns, which would be your choice and why? Thanks in advance, Casey

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If they make a gun in this caliber I would have to say Marlin.There lever guns to me are smoother and it doesnt matter about strength because both the 357 doesn't generate enough presure to hurt a rifle . A modern one drilled for this caliber

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Casey I'm with 8point on the marlin,I want one in 357,I only have 35 rem marlin and a 44 mag 1894 mod and a marlin golden a 22 cal left,sold all the rest,I sold 4 winchester 94's back in the spring and kept the marlins,the 94's rattled when you walked and I just felt better with the marlins.Now if you go back to pre64,then I like the winchesters.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I haven't seen the Marlin yet. Only in magazines and on the internet. I picked up a Winchester at the last gun show. Almost bought it but wasn't sure how my handloads would work. I think they're both priced about the same with what I could find on the net. I was just a little nervous about putting my own ammo through them. If you guys think it will be OK I'll check it out a little more thoroughly. Thanks! Casey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.