Shooting World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: HEALTH INSURANCE :?: Anyone got advice on sources of health insurance for old dudes with cruddy health?
I'm in Va., if that's relevant, and 61 with diabetes and a heart valve that cost a pig its life... but saved mine!
gracias...
///olde 8) pharte///
(See, I could retire before 65 IF I could swing a health policy for a couple years.)

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
1gsplover are you a member of aarp?Life insurance was 1/2 of other companys,car insurance was 1/2 of what I'm paying now so I would expect health insurance would be reasonable too.Take care of yourself buddy.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
918 Posts
A lot of professional organizations also offer group coverage... I got a life insurance policy through the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).

I'm lucky enough to have a wife with great health insurance through her employer.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Commit a state crime in California and get thrown in jail. The 9th Circuit Court ruled even death row prisoners are eliglible for organ transplants. That is a coworker,s plan for post retirement health care if he is in poor health. he also feels the pen would be preferable to any of the nursing homes we've seen in various jurisdictions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:cry: UgggD, That's a true downer! What a future to look forward to...
Dropper, I'll check that :) AARP lead...thanks
///olde 8) pharte///

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cry: AARP appears to NOT sell health insurance in Virginia.
:?: Any other suggestions :?:
Thanks, ///olde 8) pharte///

1 - 6 of 6 Posts