Health Insurance for oldies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 1gsplover, Oct 4, 2005.

1. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: HEALTH INSURANCE :?: Anyone got advice on sources of health insurance for old dudes with cruddy health?
    I'm in Va., if that's relevant, and 61 with diabetes and a heart valve that cost a pig its life... but saved mine!
    gracias...
    ///olde 8) pharte///
    (See, I could retire before 65 IF I could swing a health policy for a couple years.)

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

1gsplover are you a member of aarp?Life insurance was 1/2 of other companys,car insurance was 1/2 of what I'm paying now so I would expect health insurance would be reasonable too.Take care of yourself buddy.Drop-Shot

3. wwb

wwb Super Member

A lot of professional organizations also offer group coverage... I got a life insurance policy through the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).

I'm lucky enough to have a wife with great health insurance through her employer.

4. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

Commit a state crime in California and get thrown in jail. The 9th Circuit Court ruled even death row prisoners are eliglible for organ transplants. That is a coworker,s plan for post retirement health care if he is in poor health. he also feels the pen would be preferable to any of the nursing homes we've seen in various jurisdictions.

5. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:cry: UgggD, That's a true downer! What a future to look forward to...
    Dropper, I'll check that :) AARP lead...thanks
    ///olde 8) pharte///

6. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:cry: AARP appears to NOT sell health insurance in Virginia.
    :?: Any other suggestions :?:
    Thanks, ///olde 8) pharte///