Help identifying .22LR

Discussion in 'Rifle ID & Value' started by duckman, Mar 20, 2005.

1. duckman

duckman Guest

I inherited 2 guns from my father in law and would like help identifying them. Their both pumps. The savage has an octagon barrel and is stamped Pat. Dec. 25, 1906 & .22S.L.&L.R. on the top of the barrel. Barrel length = 23.5".serial # 84561. and it is missing a clip, which I need if you have recommendations. The browning is a pump w/ a 10 round magazine tube and stamped on the top of the barrel FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE and then below that BROWNING'S PATENT-DEPOSE, to the right and side of the barrel towards the receiver is 22.L and 4 odd stamps, serial # 42474. Recommendations on model #s and values would be very helpful.
    Thanks,
    duckman

2. cowpoke

cowpoke Guest

Is there any way you could post some pictures?

It would probably help Id the rifles.

3. Irish Setter

Irish Setter Guest

Savage made a Model 1903 pump 22 short, long, and l.r.

It has a 24 inch octagan barrel, checkered walnut pistol grip stock, and grooved slide handle. Magazine is a 5-shot detachable box. The model 1909 has a round 20 in. barrel. Model 1914 has a 24 in. octagon barrel with a plain pistol grip stock. Could yours be the 1903? Is it a takedown model?

Edit: Go to gunsamerica.com. Type in savage 1903 and you will find a photo of one.