Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I notice that it once had the Kreighoff lever scope mounts...the bases are there on the rib. Without authentication of AH's ownership, I'll only bid it as a very nice Neptune Primus model, however, not as Hitler's gun.

The price has gone as high as it should for a mint Neptune Primus...

2/3/2006
L2S

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
After looking at the pictures of it,it oughta be on display as a piece of artwork. The work on the action is just awesome.

WWB,
Was that you bidding against me? If I'd have known that ya wanted it that bad,I'd have backed off! HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah boy.....me buying something like that! NOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!

HWD

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I am of the opinion that someone got snookered badly on that gun! With absolutely no way to prove that Hitler ever in fact owned the gun, it was just a nice Neptune Primus Kreighoff. They sell all day long for a mere $12,000.00. I've owned several as nice or nicer than the AH gun, but always had to sell them to people with more $$$ than I. I have owned a lot of guns in my life that I couldn't afford to own...bought as investments and sold as investments to someone else. It was the way for me to get to own, for a while at least, some of the world's finest guns. It never made me rich enough to be in a position to keep some, however.

It was interesting seeing the AH drilling being sold. It appears that it will now be linked to AH, even though there is no documentation...another urban legend in the making...

I've got an old double shotgun that once belonged to an old family friend from Arkansas. His name was Al Hogwasher, and he carved his initials on the side of the receiver..."AH"...hmmmmm... :twisted: :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.