I need a rifle.

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by westpaw.270fan, Mar 15, 2005.

1. westpaw.270fan

westpaw.270fan Guest

What company can offer me a good, accurate, left handed, ifle, preferably in .270? Also, what will a .270 not have neough power for, in the USA?

2. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Browning A-Bolt series: hunter, micro-hunter,stainless stalker

Remington 700 CDL

Winchester Sporter LH

Savage 110, 111 ,116

The .270 is more of a long range deer size game cartridge, but I have 2 that I use here in Georgia :)

3. wired

wired Guest

What he said about who makes them works for me.

As for what it's not big enough for.... it's a short list. Big brown bears, bison, and possibly moose. I've heard of a lot of people using them for elk, so there's not a lot you can't hunt with it in NA. Good choice of cartridge.

4. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

I've used a 270 most of my life with exception of a magnum chambered weatherby for the Wilds of Montana. It is a great all around cartridge. Your going to run into very few animals you can take with one.

The previous list of manufactures is a good one. Might want to look at the Ruger M77 LH

Kelsey
    High Mountain Hunting Supply
    www.luvtohunt.com

5. wired

wired Guest

I forgot Ruger made a LH M77! Never really paid too much attention, since I don't shoot LH, though. Definately worth checking out in .270.

6. mak48

mak48 Guest

wired is right Ruger is the way to go, for R&R (Rugged&Reliable)

7. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

I'd go with the Remington 700 KS Mountain rifle. It's probaly good for Deer, Elk, Bore, and Moose. Not to good for Carribou or Bear.

8. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Guest

I partial to browning a-bolts, I like the stainless stalker model

9. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Look at Savage rifles. I've found all of mine to be very accurate. 270 is great for deer sized critters, a tad overkill on vermin. With proper bullet selection, bigger critters could be taken as well (e.g. elk, black bear).

10. wired

wired Guest

Re: re: I need a rifle.

Unless it's the kind of vermin you usually eat, that's the entire point! :twisted: