I'm in Montana

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Drop-Shot, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey guys I finally made it to Montana,sliding down a couple of passes and alot of hours in a 26 ft uhaul from Canada and we are here in Helena.Drop-Shot

2. shooter93

shooter93 Well-Known Member

Something that may be of interest to you....Helena is the home town of one of the greatest gunmen who ever lived....Elmer Keith

3. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I bet my buddy Drop already new that one. Glad you made it DS..

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey 8point,one of the best cowboy actors is from Helena also,Gary Cooper.After the movie High Noon he bought a big house thats on the tour in Helena.Charly pride played minor league baseball in Helena,Myrna Loy must have been from there cause they have a Myrna Loy theater thats still operating today.Sylvester Stalon had a ranch outside helena that had a locked gate.Ted Turner has a ranch in Montana,Liz Clabern,Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell,andie Mcdowl just to name a few.When I look out my picture window,I see the elkhorn mountain range.I'm in a subdivision and still have a super view.Drop-Shot

5. You gotta change your location now under your screen name :) . Have fun.

6. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

clayshooter how do I do that?,Never mind I figured it out,Thanks.Drop-Shot

7. Pat T

Pat T Moderator

Hey Drop-Shot, how you been feeling? Hope things are picking up for you now that you're where you want to be. I've been a lurker here for about a year and enjoyed reading your posts a lot. Looking forward to your report from afield this fall! Best wishes, Pat

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Thanks for the kind words pat,I feel better already.I can see the elkhorn mountain range from my front window,when the snow melts I want to go up there and look around.Besides hunting up there I also got into gold prospecting and hope one day to be able to mine a stream that held gold back in the 1920's,People say it's all gone but I just want to find some color in the pan.The biggest muley I ever killed came just 40 yards from a bend in that stream.I'll keep all informed about the signs I find.Drop-Shot

9. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

Welcome home Buddy! We might be swinging through Helena this summer. Care for a cup of coffee?

Another guy lives in your area from Shooters Legacy named Jbar.

Kelsey
    www.luvtohunt.com

10. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey Kelsey,come on,I can have a pot brewed in 5 minutes.I live in a subdivision but not real close to each other,and I have a view of the elkhorn mountain range in my front window.Come on.There is alot of history here in Helena and a pretty city,alot to see.Drop-Shot

11. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Kelsey I PMed jbar and introduced myself,you now have 2 friends in Helena.Drop-Shot

12. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

Sounding more welcoming all the time. My cousin Norm lives in great falls. He has a leather shop and does all the leather work for High Mountain Hunting Supply. He is another good one to get ahold of if you want to get out and about!

Kelsey

13. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey Kelesy does norm have a website?Drop-Shot

14. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey shooter93,did you know Bob Mundon lives in the butte area?He spoke of moving to a smaller city many years ago so he is close by and Hank Williams Jr also.Bob Mundon is the undisputed champion of fast draw.The fastest ever and quite a pistole smith also.Drop-Shot

15. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

shooter93,I knew about elmer keith being from around here.What do you think his greatest legacy is?He did alot but I like the 44 guns he made popular.Drop-Shot