Lee turet press...

Discussion in 'Handloads' started by bbanbury, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bbanbury

bbanbury Super Member

Does anyone have any experience with using a Lee turet press? Midwest Shooting Supply has them on sale for ~$118. I'm interested in something where I can load large qtys. of 454/45 LC and 44 mag/44 spl. Thoughts/alternatives?

2. chad e

chad e Guest

I assume your talking about the Lee "Pro 1000", and im wondering about it too.
    Thinking of reloading .45 ACP.. for my new gun.

Chad_E

3. BravoKilo

BravoKilo Guest

I think he's actually talking about their standard turret press, not the Pro 1000.

From what I've heard, those who have their progressive presses (Pro 1000, and Master), they have been unhappy... however their single-stage and turret press are a great buy.

I'm planning on getting into reloading soon, and will be starting out on the Lee 4-Turret press. Plan on reloading mainly 7mm-.08 and .300 Win Mag, but will probably eventually stray into my other calibers as I get the hang of it

4. chad e

chad e Guest

Interesting.. Are the "Pro 1000" made cheaply like the "loadall II" shotshell presses?

Chad_E

5. Bobshouse

Bobshouse Guest

I use the turret press to reload .357. Not quite as fast as a progressive, but the next best thing! Definately faster than a single stage press. Really enjoy mine, makes great bullets!

Bob

6. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

In general, turret presses are great for hangun and small case reloading. I would never use one for larger calibers, however. They never align the case to the die as well as an O press. They can't be built so they don't flex, somewhat, and will loosen up after time...even the very best ones. IMHO