Levergun

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by 8pointduck, Oct 7, 2005.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

DS or Loves2, Does anyone know what has happened to Lever?

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I haven't heard 8point,have you tried to pm him?Last I heard he was in Idaho and setting up shop.Drop-Shot

3. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

Hr's on right now.DATE: Oct 7

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I just got a reply from levergun on my PM.He's heading out for elk camp tomarrow and will check in next week and go back out to elk camp after that.Hey 8point what ever happened to sappyg?Drop-Shot

5. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I don't know DS. Seems like we are losing some people

6. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Howdy boys! How the hell are ya?

Yeah it's been a while. Yes I've relocated up here to the Panhandle of Idaho. Just got back from the opener of Elk season. Long story short;

We had a spot all planned out to hunt. Only planning on dropping in and taking one bull and then using the second day to get it out. Monday morning we went down to the spot and there was a mini horse camp set up! Must of been 15 or more horses, 5 campers/trailers and a half dozen trucks. The camp cook said there was a couple guys on this side and 5 more on the other side and more folks coming in for the cow season later this week. :cry:

Well, we ended up doing a scout trip again and spend the rest of that day in a new canyon.

The good news is that we know there are elk in this new canyon.

The bad news is, it is going to be a bear trying to get them out of this canyon. Straight up and down and goes on forever.

The good news is, it is so steep and rough that I doubt there will be many down in there.

The bad news is, even though we know they are there, we still do not know when they are coming and going through there.

But the best news is we still get to go hunting and it is cow or bull season from the 15th through the 19th and we will be there for the duration. Should be real fun! :wink:

7. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Welcome back levergun and I wish you the best of luck.Drop-Shot

8. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Thanks Drop shot. It's been awhile and I am glad you sent me that private message. :wink:

9. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Man!!!! Its Lever! Hey man, I'm glad to know your still alive and doing well. Hope your able to get an elk, and I'd sure like to be there to help you do so.

10. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Hey Duck,
    I sure hope I get one too and I would love to have you there to help me get that thing out of the canyon we are going to be in!

11. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey Levergun isn't there a law in Idaho that says the larger elk must be at least 1 mile away for a whole days dragging, and with at least 1 mountain to haul it over and a couple creeks,the shot will have to be at the most percuriouse angle that day while you are trying to poop or take a leak?Spilling boiling hot coffee is in there some where,leaving your knife at home is always a cause for alarm,boy I love hunting.Drop-Shot

12. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

I'll tell ya what, it must be. I am not in the shape I was three years ago and with the relocation and trying to get the business on its feet, I blew off the conditioning I usually do. Boy am I paying for it now!!!!

But when I am sitting on my front porch watching the snow come down and I have a Elk back strap on the BBQ, a cold brew in hand with a nice Cuban cigar, it will all be worth it!!! :D

13. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Some guys have all the luck :wink: . I have always heard that you have to be in good shape when elk huntin. One of these days yall going to see me at your front door with my gear. 8) The one one thing I want to know is , when you go up into the higher elevations they say you can get sick, does this happen very often?

14. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Active Member

I'm officially Jealous!

:evil:

15. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Yes you will get sick, but it is at an elevation of 10-11,000 Ft. or maybe more. I've hunted at 11,000 ft before and I didn't get sick and I still had a cigarette at the top. (I don't smoke anymore) but not because of that.

I am only hunting at 5000 ft. Hell I hunted higher ground when I was in California. Three spots I hunted were at 8K and up.

It is just the steepness of the canyons and the 1000 foot drop from top to bottom that is a btch.

16. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

OH YEAH, I understand that.