Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Well...so it kicks a little with the varmint loads! :shock: Not sure if even a Loopy has enough eye relief for that puppy. Hardest part would be finding another sucker to snuggle up to the stock on that thing again, I'm thinkin'!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I thought but another forum the folks said several folks were lined up to shoot the devil,almost all got knocked on their butts and some got nose bleeds(concusion?).I would like to see a larger person shoot it,someone with more size to absorb the shock,if my back was like it used to be I would volunteer but I feel I would be in a wheel chair after trying shooting that rascal now,any takers?One person said it made a 50bmg look like a firecracker,I'd have to see it to agree or disagree.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirigo thanks,the forum I got it from said there was an extended version of the video and will try to find it again,they identified it as a .544 T-Rex and I just passed on the info..544 or .577 its still too much for me,the 338 win mag 250 gr is my limit with all my back problems I only shot the 338 mag 250 gr 3 times and stopped.Enjoy.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dirigo is correct I believe,it is a .577 T-Rex,on one forum folks were discussing the 750 gr bullet and one over 900 grs!They said on accuratereloading.com that shooting it with full loads was quite painfull.With a 750 gr monolitic solid at full velocity produces 11,100 foot lbs of energy,it also shoots a 900 gr woodliegh bullet.Thanks Dirigo.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
263 Posts
funny. One thing atleast with the .50BMG that surprised me was how well behaved the barret A-1 is. The kick for me amounted to little more than a 12gauge breach loader. Maybe poor gun design is more at fault than anything in this video.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jason go to accuracyreloading.com and go to the champion heading and follow the scripts,some large guys shot it as well,if you shot it ok you are "the man",they also showed a good shooter shoot the 700 nitro express as well as a whole string of spindley looking guys,I enjoyed them all.On that forum folks that shot it called it a T Rex and all references to it are called the T Rex,check it out.When I was a younger man I would shoot anything,416 Taylor was the biggest,and never show a sign of pain,I would have tried it then but now I'm old and have a bad back,I do shoot my 338 win mag some.You can say you shot a gun with over 11,000 ftb of energy with a 750 gr solid and second in recoil to the 700 nitro express.I have heard of a bigger one than the 700 N.E but not factory.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bgoldhunter I bet I couldn't come up with enough money if I tried but its a good dream.We could wear matching back braces.I would be intrested to know how much a single loaded round cost for that brute and mabe could buy a nice truck for what that rifle costs.Hey Jason did you ever hear of costs of a rifle of that size?Drop-Shot

·
Registered
45 Posts
Midway shows 700 Nitro brass for $382 for 10, plus $93 for bullets. That is without powder and paying for the dies, which I am sure are not cheap. Yowza!

Drop-shot, I second the back brace idea! It's probably a good thing I can't even afford the brace..that way I don't need to worry about buying the rifle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.