Looking for new friends to hunt with in MO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mike 257, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Mike 257

Mike 257 Guest

I just found out today that my friend that I have hunted with for the past 4 years is mad at me because I gave his lazy son a hard time at my job. Im the supervisor and tried to get this kid to work , I didnt fire him, I let him milk it the whole summer and for the past year my friend has been wanting me to appalogise to his son. I told him I did not single his son out, and that I kept finding him doing everything else other than working , like playing pool , basketball and talking with the girls in the office. So there goes my hunting buddies, now with only 3 weeks left untill my vacation and the opening of rifle season I have no where to go. If there is anyone in the Lee's Summit area that is willing to take on a new friend then send me an email.

Mike

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Mike you did the right thing,I don't know why you need to apoligze,and not letting you hunt with them sounds like you need new hunting friends any way.I lived a short while in Butler and talked to a couple farm owners and got permission to hunt on their land.You might try that,if all else fails hunt by yourself,kill a record buck and friends will come looking for you.I wish you the best buddy.Drop-Shot

3. Mike 257

Mike 257 Guest

Hey Drop

I understand that a guy is going to take his sons side, I think what happened is that his son wans to go hunting this year and his dad thinks there will be problems if I go , so rather than being a man and tell me, "Hey Mike my son wants to go this year and I dont want to have any problems , can you sit this one out" He blows the thing out of proportion and just ends the friendship. Anyway I just met a guys who is a contractor at my job, he owns 250 acres in MO and said I am welcome to hunt the property. he said him and his brother are the only ones on the property and they have plenty of deer roaming around.

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Mike257 it's good when things work out right,have a good season and give details when you take one,I'll do the same.Good hunting,Drop-Shot