Maine AWB

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by wudjalike2no, Apr 12, 2005.

1. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

Strimling proposes assault-weapon ban in Maine

AUGUSTA - A state senator wants Maine to activate an assault-weapons ban similar to a federal ban that expired in September.

Sen. Ethan Strimling's, D-Portland, proposal would ban manufacturing, transferring and possession of assault weapons in Maine. It would also ban .50-caliber rifles, but exempt antique weapons.

Strimling wants to give Maine law enforcement leeway to develop a system to identify new assault weapons and add them to the list.

Strimling said military-grade weapons are unnecessary and dangerous and he calls his bill a common sense approach to gun control. Maine Citizens Against Handgun Violence supports his bill.

http://news.mainetoday.com/midday/midday.shtml#2

2. I hope this doesn't go through. We are one of the least restrictive states when it comes to gun laws and lets keep it that way!!

Do you think it will pass?

3. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

i hope and am praying it wont, but maine is pretty liberal because lazy people want democrats in office so that they'll get free money

4. Yeah. It depends what part of the state you are in too.

5. By the way Bushmaster probably wouldn't be able to produce guns here because it also would ban the production of assault weapons.

6. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Things like this,are just another reason to have the name and number of your Representative,handy. If you're involved in any shooting orginizations give them a heads up on this also. Maybe enough voices can put out the firestorm that fixin' to start. Next election get this SOB voted outa there!

HWD

7. mak48

mak48 Guest

Wow I hope it doesnt pass because we have all that liberal banning here in massachusetts and I go to Maine to get away from it.

8. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

it was killed in committee

9. wired

wired Guest

They all probably saw how "effective" the federal one was. The sunsetting of that one was a blow to the anti-gunners, because crime rates didn't change the way they predicted they would. No murders in the street, no armed rebellions, etc. "Common sense" and "gun control" don't belong in the same sentence.