make your own gun laws here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Maser, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Maser

Maser Super Member

hey if u could make a single gun law that applies to everyone then what would it be?

mine would be that if u aint a felon n plan on using a gun in a legal matter then u should be able to own any type of gun u want without any special taxes or extended waiting period

lol this applies from everything from a .22 all the way to 80mm grenade launchers or even bigger :twisted:

2. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

The right to carry in public just so long as it is worn and easily visible on your person. Carrying it concealed would be grounds for serious jail time.

3. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Cook,
    You've got the right already,at least most places other than California,to own and carry a firearm.
    I, unlike you,would like to see concealed carry be okay no matter where you are. I also like to see the gun bans,in other states and cities to be repealed. Maybe once our citizens are rearmed,some of the scuzballs out there will be a little meeker.

I'd also like to see anyone found guilty of the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime to have a set sentence(no parole or reductions) that is served prior to whatever other crimes that they are found guilty of.

HWD

4. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

Dunno.. concealed bothers me, I like to know when people are armed. That and .45cal sidearm is just as good a deterent as a P90 strapped to your back IMO heck, even if you had only a bunch of .22lr as a bank robber if everyone was packing would you want to rob the bank? Kinda just run in with armor and scream "not the face not the face!!"

5. GunRunner

GunRunner Guest

Re: re: make your own gun laws here

Wait, you can carry a hand gun w/o concealed permit if it's visible???

6. Maser

Maser Super Member

is it true that in Texas when ur 21 ur allowed to carry a gun concealed without the need of a CHL?

7. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Gunrunner,

Yep! If its not concealed,open carry is lawful,at least in the State of Va.

HWD

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I like concealed carry,if its seen by others you could get in a fight trying to stop someone from trying to take it away from you and get shot by your own gun,thats happened!.Drop-Shot

9. errolhunter

errolhunter Guest

in missouri we have ccw permit if you are 23 years of age, us citizen, not a convicted felon, the only thing i would like to change is the waiting period 7 to 10 days on handgun purchases if you already own one gun why should you have to wait again to purchase more. :? errol hunter

10. Dirigo

Dirigo Guest

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

11. wired

wired Guest

Yeah, that would be a good one. Wait a minute......... :wink:

The way I see it, the only people who should not be allowed to own firearms are convicted felons (they gave up their right) and the mentally ill. For everybody else, they should be able to buy whatever their heart desires. I feel that the background checks are a necessary layer of protection, and they don't really cause any kind of inconvenience. Walk in, show your driver's license, sign the same paper that we always do, and walk out 10 minutes later with whatever we want. This should be nationwide, and should not be tightened down in any local levels of government cough*CA,MA,NJ,NY*cough. You should be able to carry any firearm you own, particularly CCW (VT, anyone...).

Let's get back to being a nation of riflemen.

12. I would:

Completely abolish all current gun laws and replace them with the following:

The legal age for purchase of a firearm shall be 12 with parental permission or 18 with out parental permission.

Fully-automatic weapons shall be restricted to:
    Persons of not less then 21 years of age
    Persons who have obtained saftey training for said weapons

Weapons with a caliber of larger than 1 inch shall be restricted to persons of no less the 21 years of age.

Persons who have committed a violent crime punishable by more then one year imprisionment shall be restricted from purchasing a firearm unless 10 years have passed since the sentence was completed and no crimes of similar nature have been committted during that time.

The following guns shall be exempt from the above laws:

Any firearm manufactured in or prior to 1956,
    Any firearm which is unable to use contained shells.
    Any firearm which is chambered for .22 short, long or long rifle.
    Any single shot firearm with a caliber of one half inch or smaller.

13. wired

wired Guest

I think SM has me beat, though I think I'd also add in the bit about mental instability. I had a bipolar girlfriend one time, and there is no way in hell you would want somebody like that having access to anything more dangerous than a butter knife.

14. Re: re: make your own gun laws here

Any person found mentaly incompetent shall be prohibited from owning a firearm unless a board certified shrink has found the mental diagnosis to no longer apply to the person in question.

15. Merton Leeper

Merton Leeper Guest

In the State of Colorado any one can carry if:
    You are not a fellon; are a Colorado Resident; have taken the NRA approved course which includes a knowledge of the law; passed the range shooting test and written test of the course; then go to the county you live in - give them money and wait for the CBI and FBI to come back with a favorable background check -- then you can get your license. Mine is good for six years at which time it can be renewed at a reduced rate. Lots of people pack in this State.

Semper Fi

16. mapanggulo

mapanggulo Well-Known Member

I'd repel the firearms registration laws in my state, the only thing they do is let thieves find out who has the most firearms so that they can steal them. I dont have a problem with a background check, but don't see any reason why every firearm I purchase be recorded on someones list in some state office.

17. jlc1182

jlc1182 Guest

I have a problem with any violent crime....misdeamonor or felony exempting you from owning a firearm. All felony convictions yes, but any violent misdemeanor? It should be on a case by case basis but not across the board ban. What if a 21 year old kid gets in a bar fight .....he should never be able to own a gun again if hes convicted of misdemeanor assault? Just my opinion.
    But only 14 days left and wont have to worry as much 'bout stupid gun control laws cause Im finally leaving California for Arkansas. No waiting periods, hi cap mags, full autos.....I better stop Im starting to slobber on the keyboard.

Jared

18. wired

wired Guest

Those are still VERY hard to own legally, even in Arkansas. Takes a lot of time and money, so don't drool too much.

19. jlc1182

jlc1182 Guest

Thats funny you say that because when I went to visit the guy at the gun store I asked about the Uzi on the wall said it carries the same law as the rest? Was I misguided?

Jared

20. billt

billt Super Member

I would like to see a Federal nation wide, high profile gun law passed in regard to Concealed Carry. For all of these businesses like Home Depot, Denny's, Wal-Mart, and the like who won't allow concealed carry in their businesses, the law would make them legally responsible for my safety if I were to be injured by violence in any way while I was in their store. If I were to come into physical harm, and produced a valid CCW, they would automaticly be open to legal action. Just watch how fast those "No Weapons Allowed", signs would dissappear! Also they would be both leagally and financially responsible for my firearm if my car was broken into, and it were to be stolen while I was forced to leave it there because of their policy. Bill T.