Mitchell's Mausers

Discussion in 'Military Style' started by Stu, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Guest

I saw an ad for Mitchell's Mausers in NRA American Hunter. They sell for $299.00. The gun shown has a bent bolt but all of the other Mausers I have seen have a straight bolt. Are these guns original Mausers?

2. Dirigo

Dirigo Guest

it depends on the model,yugo m48s and german k98 are supposed to have bent bolts

3. El Padrino

El Padrino Guest

If anybody purchased one form Mitchell let us know if the quality is as good as it looks in the picture. Look like a fun occasional plinker.

4. RedRyder21

RedRyder21 Guest

If you want fun, then you need to purchase a regular mil-surp bolt action for half the price of Mitchells Mausers, lear how to clean it, re-store it, and shoot it. Then you will have a REALLY fun plinker! :D

5. thumper723

thumper723 Guest

Where do you pick up your surplus rifles?

6. john humphries

john humphries Guest

Any Gun dealer can order one out of Shotgun News for under two hundred dollars, buy the German K98K as the yugos have some quality Control problems. A lot of captured K98Ks are coming in from Russia now.

7. dufrain

dufrain Guest

Every mitchell mauser I have seen looks great.They are the ones to get if you dont like to redo old rifles.I refinish my own.

8. john humphries

john humphries Guest

Mitchells M-48s are original and have bent bolts like the K98k, the same un-issued rifles are available from several dealers at under 200.00 and are the same weapons as sold by Mitchell's. There are two models coming in now, the M48 with milled metal parts and the M48A which has a stamped trigger guard and barrel bands. Other than the stamped parts they are the same rifles. The major difference between the Yugos and the K98k is the distance between the trigger guard screws is 7.5 inches on the Yugo M48 and 7.75 inches on the K98k. Effectively the M48 is a short action Mauser and the K98k is a standard length Mauser action.

9. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: John H., Could you point me at a couple of those dealers, please. Tx.
    olde :) pharte
    [email protected]

10. john humphries

john humphries Guest

Usually Military Gun Supply On Loop 820 in Ft Worth has a Few in Stock or can order them also I see plenty of them at the gun show at Market Hall or Bigtown in Mesquite.