Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw one of these new rifles at Walmart tonight. The rifle was all black with a synthetic stock and parkerized matt finished barrel and receiver. The gun comes with free Weaver scope mounts as well. The gun is stamped Made in USA. The cost was 249.00 plus tax. Has anyone had a chance to get one of these out on the range yet? If so... What do you make of the gun?

G

·
I got a chance to see the Mossberg 100 ATR recently in the walnut finish and I must say that I was kind of impressed. The action worked smooth and pretty tight. The wood fit and finish was also pretty good for being a Mossberg. My overall opinion about the gun is that I think it’s a great gun for the money and that most anybody will be pleased to own. I also think Mossberg is going to sell right many of them, especially when someone compares it to some of the lower end guns available such as the Remington 710. Mossberg also has great customer service and some loyal following behind them. I am looking forward to test one of these rifles out on the range in the near future. I will keep you updated.
John Brindall

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Years ago Mossberg had a rifle made by Howa,which is a pretty good rifle.The first one I saw was at a shooting range and it grouped with factory ammo better than alot of folks around us,I'm not sure if these are Howa's but at that price you could afford to use one and see what it shoots.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Then you HAVE to get one and let us know.I played with one and it felt like a pretty tight lock up,and was not rough as a cob.The one I saw was synthetic and when I get this CDL paid for I am going to take a look at them.My wife is a pharmacy tech at walmart and we get 10% off any non-food item,that way I could put one on lay a way if the wife don't kill me first..But I would like to hear from folks that own one.Didn't I see made in USA on it?Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Since the first post I have seen several at the shooting range,most with the cheaper scopes and I feel with a better scope it would group better,the 39.95 bushnell and BSA won't give a true rifles abilitys I think,my personal opinions,the first 2 I saw shot at 2.00 inches and others later a little under some a little over the 2 inch group.I would like to see how they perform with a simmons Atec.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
236 Posts
u r lucky,up her at my local walmart,therer $315.72 or somthing like that,its above 300 dollars,was thinking of getting one for m mom or for elk down in new mexico,good luckj to anyone who buys it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.