Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Not shot one myself but the "chatter" in the "ether" is that they are a good firearm. You may also want to look at the Stevens 200 from Savage if it is available in your neck of the woods. About same price and very accurate. TXVA is dead on with his scope recommendations, those are not the least expensive brands but they will last something shy of forever and not break down when you need 'em the most.

· Registered
3,764 Posts
Shorepatrol I had the chance to see one and handle it at our shooting range,it was black synthetic with a matte finish and lock up was tight,the scope didn't work out well for the gent but the store that he bought it from will exchange the scope.I mounted a leupold 4x scope I had for years as the folks wanted to see what kind of groups it was capable of,I was shooting less than 2 inches at 100 yards with the ammo he had,PMC 180 gr on a bench with a Hoppes rifle rest craddling a caldwell front shooting bag and a caldwell rear bag.I would have liked to shoot reloads or another brand,I was shooting 35 cals that day,35 rem,358 win and 35 Whelen so I didn't have 30/06 reloads with me and would most likely not have shot my reloads in an unknown throat depth rifle as mine are max loads.I would buy one,they shoot well and seem well balanced.I would like to see/shoot a stevens(savage)also.Drop-Shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.