Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not, I say. I have accumulated several parts from trades and such, and have concockted my own Frankin-Pardner:

Yeap she's pretty ugly. I took the wooden forearm and used the ol' spray on truck bed liner so that it would match my Survivor Stock. Actually matched pretty well after a few coats.
It's a 27" (?) 12ga Mod barrel with a cheap BSA Red-Dot mounted on it. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but I was looking for a inexpensive slug gun that I could carry in my truck on the farm. Ended up with a mixed pair that I could shoot all kinds in. :D
Dolled up or rugged ugly, these little NEFs fit the bill.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Don't know where in Va you are,but recently Dick"s Sporting had those Brenneke(sp?) slugs on sale. I bought some to try out of my Mossberg sluggun(unrifled 24"). Try some of those if ya get the chance. The recoil from them was half of what you'd get from Rem or Win.

HWD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those Brenekee's are some of the hardest slugs I have ever used.I shot a doe with one at 75 yards,she was facing me directly,and I put the bead right above center of her chest and let it fly.The slug hit high and plowed up and into her spine destrying about 1' of it before going all the way thru her back left hipbone and stopping just under the hide.Her legs went straight out to the sides and down she wentwith her head laying on the ground straight in front of her.I dug out the boolet and it had a little bit of the head of it gone,but everything else looked like it could be used again.Pretty impressive for a $1.00 shell.

Handiholic

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeap close to Marion.
PM me with some directions to the sporting goods store you are talking about if you don't mind. I can't recall hearing about it. Thanks for the help Bro.

Handiholic-Wow..I have heard about some hard hitting slugs before, but what kill. I'll have to try them out. I don't usually shoot my shooties a lot, but I like to have them close by. And shooting slugs is just too much fun to pass up everynow and then. My pieced togather Pardner is very light now that I put the Survivor stock on it, so recoil is more noticable. But it's a 12ga-kinda comes with the territory, so it's all good:)

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Those slugs were the Brenneke KOs. They have the piece added to the back thats supposed to stablize them. I got em on sale at Dick's . If you're up this way, check at Valley View Mall. For some reason this site will not allow me to give the name of the sporting goods store. Possibly because it's the short form of Richard.(dck's sporting goods)

HWD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.