Need special load for 35 Remington

Discussion in 'Handloads' started by BattleRifleG3, Jun 27, 2005.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Guest

Hey folks, I'm working on a gas operated semi-automatic in 35 Remington, and am looking to design it for a certain non-factory load. Here are the specs going in:
    1. Uses a 180gr hollowpoint 0.357" bullet seated to the second crimp, ie the one farther forward on the bullet (if you recommend other 357 hollowpoint bullets, let me know what and why)
    2. Keeps within SAAMI pressures for the 35 Rem. No heavy loads like Buffalo Bore. Has to keep SAAMI pressures because of the strength of this specific semi-auto action. I could probably get away with heavy loads but I'd rather keep the normal factor of safety instead of pushing it.

This rifle is more about proof of concept than being paticularly powerful or accurate, average power and accuracy is just fine (ie factory ballistics and combat accuracy), it just must have the deeply seated bullet and must stay well within SAAMI pressures. I can tune the action to fit the pressures, just have to make a choice of what loading to tune it to.

Don't worry, I have a Rem 760 in 35 Rem coming in for all those heavy duty loads.