Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had great success firing the dreaded "Wolf" in FMJ. Does this experience concur with others?

How badly does using the heavier (67 grain?) bullet hurt accuracy? All my experience is with the recommended 55 grain.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i had some probs using the green/brown lacquer casings. seems like after a couple of shots they would get stuck. i stick to brass casings only now. as foe a heavier bullet, bullet weight shouldn't matter . quality matters. the military surplus 55 gr seems to be accurate for the most part. any factory load (rem/win) will be as accurate as you are. i use georgia arms 55 gr ballistic tips, they fly the same as the mil spec 55 gr fmjs. that make practice alot cheaper. i can put 3 rounds in a quarter sized group at 100 yrds. not the greatest, but i'm no sniper. but it will get the job done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shoot the El-Cheapo Wolf 55gr Hollow Points often. They are fun to plink around with. Groups with these are anywhere from 1" -3" at 120yards. They aren't very consistant, but for some cheap light hearted fun, they fit the bill.
Mine is the old 1-12twist 24" Bull Barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.