New Rem 597

Discussion in 'Remington' started by md_beatt, Jan 31, 2005.

1. md_beatt

md_beatt Guest

Hi Guys,
    I just got a new Rem 597 .22
    anyway it has the camo composite stock, what would be the best thing to use to clean the stock? where the remington sticker was on the stock, when i removed the sticker some of the sticky glue stayed on the stock.

Oh how does this .22 stack up agaist the Marlin model 60? I had one of those years ago and that was a great little .22

Thanks, Mike.

2. md_beatt

md_beatt Guest

Took my new toy out in the backyard this afternoon. shot about 70 rounds through it. So far it seems to be accurate. not near as much pressure needed on the trigger to fire it as any of my shotty's .

So far I am happy with the 597.

Mike.

3. KaBar

KaBar Guest

Take some stuff called "Goo-Gone". It will take the sticky stuff right off of your stock. You can find Goo-Gone just about anywhere.

4. md_beatt

md_beatt Guest

Thanks, KaBar I will be looking for someof that.

Mike.

5. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

MD,

If ya have it,try some WD40. It'll take gooey stuff off most anything. If you had sprayed alittle on a rag and held it against the sticker,it would have come off with the sticky stuff. This'l work on most sticker that have a petroleum based glue.

HWD

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's much better then the marlin 60. i have a marling 60, and they thing is a piece of junk.

i have about 1,000 rounds through my 597, and i'm very happy with it.