Newfoundland Moose Hunts?

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by huntswithdogs, Jan 24, 2005.

1. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

I was reading an article yesterday about hunting moose in Newfoundland and figured I'd ask if any of you folks have ever been up there to hunt or had any info on prices. They did have a list of outfitters,but I don't want to call or email them(just yet) for fear of getting on a LIST and getting a bunch of junk mail.

HWD

2. Stu

Stu Guest

I read an article about Newfoundland moose hunting in Am Hunter. I contacted about half a dozen outfitters. I don't have the list right now, but I can get it. Their prices were about 1/3 of the Yukon hunts I checked out. From what I remeber, the moose ran a little smaller. I think 45" was considered a good trophy. I didn't get any junk e mail. I would also suggest a British Columbia hunt. They were comparable and closer to home. Good luck - Stu

3. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: IF :?: my bloody diabetes and other crud-junk health problems let me, I'm going after moose in 2006 or 2007. Please keep posting or PMing info re: moose shooting up North.
    Thanks, :lol: ///olde 8) :wink: pharte///

4. mdbuckle

mdbuckle Guest

Best Moose hunting around as far as i'm concerned. You guys will have a blast if you come to these parts. More moose then you can shake a stick at, haha

5. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Mdbuckle do you know of prices offhand?Just curious.Drop-Shot

6. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: Contact info on three or more Newfie outfitters, PLEASE. My health makes this planning for the future very "iffy", so I'm looking to put down the minimum depo$it possible on the hunt and on transportation. If I have to sacrifice the deposit, better to give up a couple grand than three times that.
    THANKS,///olde :) pharte/// [email protected]

7. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

mdbuckle,

I didn't see your post before today. Welcome and please post often. We need a view from the North... :D

L2S