out of state license fees!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TXVAshooter, Oct 18, 2005.

1. TXVAshooter

TXVAshooter Guest

:shock: Native son of Texas, family has land to hunt, just paid 300 dollars for the privledge to shoot a deer on our own land. Jeez, licenses are getting expensive for out of state! :shock: Add the airfare, time off work, and this trip is going to eat me alive! But...it's hunting, with the family! :)

2. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Tom,

Ya can't put a price to time spent with the ones ya love. Memories are priceless. Enjoy your trip and let us know how big it was.

Gonna take the 7 mag?

HWD

3. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

Muahaha out of state license fee!!!!! I've thought of hunting out of my home state of California, but other states don't take kindly to people who don't pay thier local state taxes to help keep the hunting lands happy and healthy. $32 for a Local Cali license $400 something if yer outta state. Almost as bad as college.

4. TXVAshooter

TXVAshooter Guest

Robert,

The 7 mm will get a work out in a couple of weeks. Brother reports that one deer on the place, you can see horns at 200 yards with naked eye, and a large body size. That bodes well, might be a shooter, although I rarely shoot bucks, unless they're cull.
    Have to glass this fella, if my brother doesn't get him first.

Thomas

Cook, I guess 300 is better than 400 in Leftyfornia. hmmm.

5. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Ahhbaloney! You "carpetbaggers" always complain...

Have a great hunt and enjoy the visit with family!!!

L2S