Question on New Rem SPS Model

Discussion in 'Remington' started by mountainview, Feb 9, 2005.

1. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

In looking at pictures or the new SPS version of the 700, it looks like the stock is a 3 piece assembly rather than a one piece arrangement in the now defunct 700 ADL Synthetic. How are the pieces connected together in the SPS stock and how rigid is it since I am wondering what possibility exists for the individual pieces to shift and create pressure points on the rifle.

Safe shooting.

2. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Mountainview,

I was on Rem's website and it looks like they've kinda copied the stocks from the Win 70. The forearm and pistol grip look like they may have those soft rubbery pieces inset on the synthetic stock. After looking at the specs,I will say that its about time they started using 24 instead of 22 inch barrels.

HWD

3. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Howdy HWD,

I did notice the inserts, seems like those might be kind of nice, different but could grow on me over time. The stock seams can't be seen on the pic on the website but if you get a hardcopy of the 2005 catalog, the lines can be seen pretty clearly. Reckon I will have to go to the local firearms place and check this out, like I really needed an excuse to go ogle firearms.

Safe shooting.

4. stevenag03

stevenag03 Guest

it is all one piece. ill take some pics of mine and post them.

5. 260rem

260rem Super Member

There similar to what I have on my XCR and I find that they provide a very firm grip in wet weather.