Reference book?

Discussion in 'Weatherby' started by 1gsplover, Jul 11, 2005.

1. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

Cannot afford but the one Weatherby that I have, but I'd really like to know much more about the product line. The book "Weatherby: The Man and The Gun" (or something like that)... is it a pretty good reference book? Any other sources I might look for?
    tx,//olde 8) pharte///

2. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

Ive alwayswanted to read that book but whenever I thought about buying it the prices were CRAZY I read alot and dont think much of spending alot on a book but the prices I saw were outrageous. anyways if you read it let us know how good it is

Aaron

3. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:cry: The price is a stiff jolt, but I think I'm going to spring for a copy next month... birthday gift to myself :wink: .
    ///olde 8) pharte///

4. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: I treated myself to the book... it's pretty good, but certainly not Robert Ruark at his best :lol: .
    Question??? In the book is a picture of several W'by cartridges. The description under the photo contains one fewer item than the number of ctgs in the pic. Is the missing id the .270 W'by, and if so, which ctg is it... 4th or 5th from left?
    thanks
    ///olde 8) pharte///

5. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

I too bought the book after reading this post Its ok but its not the best it starts talking about something but doesnt follow up on it so it kinda leaves u hanging.

Aaron

6. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Re: re: Reference book?

Kind of like depending on a Weatherby for Dangerous Game Hunting...doesn't follow through...if things get upside-down... :x

I have owned three Weatherbys; two were good. I can't warm up to their literature about themselves, and never got hot socks for their rifles. They were expensive lessons.

My early 7mm Weatherby was an excellent rifle; it was a Southgate. I took a woodland caribou out at 325 yards with it, but a burgler took it out of my closet... :evil: :evil: :x :x

There is something to be learned about the early days and hunts with Weatherbys. They give a look back at "the good old days".