Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Most all standard rimless rounds in the US are the same as a 30-06 at the base and use an RCBS #3 shell holder. Most belted magnums here use a #4 shell holder. Many others will interchange. RCBS lists several different numbers for some calibers; the first listed is the best choice, but the others will work, also.

Get an RCBS catalog and look up the various interchange combinations. It will save you a bucket of zukes that you can use to buy more guns. :idea: :D :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
i just got a ll 3 station turret press. i have tons of questions. i'm looking at getting some different dies. are all dies the same thread size? any help is great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, you do need cartridge specific shellholders, but depending upon the brand dies you buy, most manufacturers include the sheller holder. One shellholder might fit several different calibers though, so check the cartridge before you rush out and buy a shellholder you already got. Now, I haven't bought dies for a while, but I know the Lee used to include a shellholder in their die sets. For the next question....all dies are created equal as far as thread size goes, so yes, what ever brand you buy will fit your press. I have an assortment of different dies, and they all fit my presses. One is an "old" Lee turret press, and the other a RCBS Rock Chucker. I can't begin to tell you how many rounds have come off that turret press. Good choice for the beginner.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i've now picked up a total of 4 presses. 2- 3 turret & 2- 5 turret.
plus tons of add ons and accessories. it will take some time to sort out everything. i'll probably sell off all the parts i don't need. if anyone is interested, let me know. once i sort everything out, i'll list all the stuff i have for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
jc,

Try the copper plated lead cast bullets. :idea: Thats what I use for inexpensive plinking...saves a bundle. :!: They seem to run .356 as a rule and don't foul bores at somewhat higher velocities. Check Midway USA for deals. midwayusa.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.