Remington 5mm magnum

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Big Yac, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Big Yac

Big Yac Guest

Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain ammo for this gun? I have about 200 rounds now but I'm not shooting them because nobody around here seems to know much about this gun. I have heard that for a box of 50 rounds it can cost up to $80(apparently its pretty rare). The gun is in great shape, looks like it never was shot. I'm thinking ths might be on of those guns that I dont shoot anymore and to just keep it nice and pretty?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't be much help; just had to say I haven't heard of a Rem 5mm Mag in 30 years. Maybe a google search would turn up some sources if you haven't tried that.

3. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

I just about bought a 5mm with 2 boxes of shells for $180. Maybe I'll have to go back and get it if shells are running that much!! I read a question and answer column in some gun rag that mentioned the 5mm and ammo availability. The answer guy said something like, "very rare ammo and not likely to be made again, even in a small run". So I'd suggest not shooting the gun and saving the ammo. If in the condition you say, the ammo would likely increase the value of the gun (or at least its selling ability) a fair amount.

4. Big Yac

Big Yac Guest

yeah I havent shot it for 2 or 3 years now. I just take it out every now and then and keep it wiped down and oiled. The few times that I did shoot it, it was a nice groundhog gun for shots over 100 yards even. It has a scope on it too. But I'm not going to shoot it anymore, I'm just going to keep it nice.

5. chips

chips Guest

hmmm, maybe something will come of this...

6. Big Yac

Big Yac Guest

hey thats looks kind of promising...hopefully we do see some more 5mm mags on the market, I'd really love to be able to shoot this gun again :D