remington 700 ADL

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by craigc, Mar 17, 2005.

1. craigc

craigc Guest

did they stop making the adls? because they are no longer on remingtons website. did they change the adl to sps? because the sps says built to carry on the adl tradition.

2. WyoHunter

WyoHunter Guest

The Rem Model 700 ADL has been replaced by the Model SPS. The SPS has a hinged floorplate and a redesigned synthetic stock that comes with a very effective R3 recoil pad. As much as I liked the ADL I think the SPS is a nice improvement and the cost is about the same as the ADL.

3. NewtoSkeet

NewtoSkeet Guest

The SPS also comes with a clean barrel, unlike the ADL. Finally acknowledgment that nowadays, most everybody scopes a centerfire rifle. I like that and have placed the SPS on my to buy list.

4. Sponxx

Sponxx Well-Known Member

What kind of mechanism does the ADL use? isn't it a Centefire?
    What do u you mean when u say that the SPS comes with a clean barrel? im considering an ADL vs a CZ 550 American in .308
    thankx

5. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

Re: re: remington 700 ADL

yes all the remington 700 series are centerfire and by clean barrel he means no open sites. if it were me id go w/ the cz just for a couple different reasons i dont have a cz yet and ive heard great things about them and wanna try one out and also i like the blue on walnut vs synthetic but both are great guns you have a tough choice.

Aaron