Remington 700 ADL

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by craigc, Mar 17, 2005.

1. craigc

craigc Guest

did they stop making the adls? because they are no longer on remingtons website. did they change the adl to sps? because the sps says built to carry on the adl tradition.

2. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

ADL is gone and I don't know about the SPS

3. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

The ADL is no more. The SPS is supposed to be its successor. I have not had the chance to look at the SPS yet so I can't add much about it either. I suspect that there may be a few unsold ADLs still around if you check around at some of the dealers if this is what you are looking for.

4. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

The ADL was one of the great "meat & potatos" rifles ever built! It just wasn't selling and had to go. :( I have a couple of it's dads, 721s. These were some of the most accurate inexpensive out of the box rifles we will ever see. :)

5. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

6. Big Yac

Big Yac Guest

Re: re: Remington 700 ADL

I was just going to ask about the Remington 721's. Dad has a Remington 721 in 30-06 that he got either in the late 60's or early 70's...I think. Its a really nice rifle, its in really good shape and shoots well. With hand loaded ammo, using 180gr match bullets I'm getting groups at 100 and 200 yards that I can just about cover with a quarter. Everyone says this is pretty good for a 30-06. I've also shot several groundhogs out at 400 yards with it. I'm assuming then that the 721's were pretty good rifles? I know I love the thing :)

7. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Mountainview I can't tell you how many times you have been right,I looked at 2 remington ADL rifles tonight,both at walmart and both were in a laminated stock.30/06 and 270,I am going to put the 270 or 30/06 on layaway tomarrow.The 700 action is slick as snot on glass,and thats how all 700 actions are.I own a winchester 70 post 64 thats push feed and the action is not as slick and bindings,I have some work to do on that gun,I took the trigger apart and fixed the sometimes no trigger problem,but it will never be a remington 700 smooth action.I found out tonight I can get my license after 6 months but still get elk and deer tags,just not drawing for the best places,thats ok,as long as I can hunt,and that remington 700 ADL 270 or 30/06 will be with me.Drop-Shot

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

It seems other folks like the rem ADL also.the only 270 sold before I could get to it to put it on lay a way.I already have a 30/06 so I may wait awhile.Drop-Shot

9. craigc

craigc Guest

i bought a 700 adl in 30-06 for my birthday.. i have not got a chance to shoot it yet but i will as soon as i get my scope put on it and ill let everyone know how it shoots.

10. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey creigc,have you got that ADL sighted in yet?Drop-Shot

11. craigc

craigc Guest

nope, i havent gotten a chance yet. but ill let u know when i do

12. Logjam

Logjam Super Member

Used to be that Remington made the BDL for the gun buyer who wanted a plain jane Remington and an ADL for the guy who wanted more pazazz.

The shootability of the two was identical. Guns are now so expensive that people opted for the cheaper one. Remington wants to be known as a quality gun maker so apparently they chopped the ugly sister.

If Remington REALLY wants to be a quaility gun maker they should bring the 788 back.