Remington 700 sps stainless

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by craigc, Feb 14, 2005.

1. craigc

craigc Guest

Does anyone have a remington 700 sps stainless? or just a sps? i am looking to get a stainless steel sps in 30-06 caliber. what are your likes/dislikes? advantages/disadvantages? how does it shoot? what scope do u have on it?

2. benelliM2

benelliM2 Guest

MY BROTHER JUST RECEIVED A NEW SPS STAINLESS IN 300 WIN MAG THE LOOK OF THE GUNS FINISH IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE QUALITY HAS GONE WAY DOWN WITH THE PRICE. HE IS TAKING IT TO THE LOCAL GUN SHOW TO GET RID OF IT WITHOUT FIRING THE FIRST SHOT.

3. craigc

craigc Guest

ouch... i guess i will stick with the bdl or cdl??

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Craigc I have handled the cdl and the bdl,they both are smooth as snot on glass,I plan on getting the cdl in 35 whelen when I can afford it.Look at the guns your self and see if it fits you well.I have tried to buy a benelli nova and I can't see down the barrell with out pulling my head back,and we both know the benelli is a good gun,I think you need to see if the gun fits you well,both are classic rifles that will give years of trouble free service.Drop-Shot

5. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

I own a Remington 100 sps 30-06 it shoots straight with factory loads out to 300yrds within 2" of a spot you pick on a steel target, but farther out 400yrds+ my scope isn't good enough to see where I hit 3x9 42 Barska, and neither are my binoculars 10x53 Big5 special. But I know i'm hitting consistantly (7-10) out to 600yrds cause I can hear it. It's light so it's great on the back and feet, and with some turtle wax and spray paint you can geek out on it as much as you want! =)