Remington 700CDL

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by markIVbigblock, May 22, 2005.

1. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

well after a year of bein too busy and procrastination I finally took out my 700CDL in .270 and shot it first of all I would like to say I never shot a .270 before and didnt know what to expect in terms of recoil I know its a necked down 30-06 and the 30-06 kicks pretty healthy I figured this would have a healthy kick to it too I fired it for the first time and there was no perceivable recoil at all I dont know if its an awesome recoil pad or what but I swear my .22 kicks more than this gun I was shooting remington 150 gr express core lokt loads I zeroed in my scope and fired five rounds all grouped within an inch the the barrel seemed to heat up and they started walking in a vertical line up the target. I only fired 20 rds thats all I had sometyime soon Ill get out and try some 130gr loads but this is an awesome rifle and not only is it beautiful its a shooter for sure Im very happy with it.

Aaron

2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Congrats on your New "Old" toy.

Just check up on any of the old Jack O'Connor articles about the .270 - that man used it with the 130 gr load for just about everything and swore by it!!

Sounds like you have one to have fun with!!!

3. craigc

craigc Guest

im glad you like it.. i just bought a 30-06 adl but still have yet to shoot it.. do you know how the recoil is on that?

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I have a CDL paid for and haven't been able to get over there to pick it up yet.The ones I played with at gun stores felt great and as of now I have not heard anything negative about the CDL all good news.I met a man at one of the gun stores I go to and he says he has 3 and all are great shooters.I'm looking forward to getting mine.Drop-Shot