Remington 7400

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by Seymour Hiney, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Seymour Hiney

Seymour Hiney Guest

I have a lot of experience with BARs, but I want something a little cheaper. Are the Remington automatics accurate and reliable?

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I've owned both and I will say they both will operate just fine,my remington is shooting consistant 2 inch groups with 165 gr hornadys,150 gr is a bit better.I got rid of the bar 30/06 cause I couldn't get much better than 4 inch groups with factory ammo,3 inch groups loaded down to 2500 fps.When I contacted browning they said send it back,I did 4 times,I was told I own the rifle and not browning so don't send it back anymore so I sold it.Remington treated me better with a problem with my 870 and later with a 1100 mag.Just my opinion and my experience with both guns.Drop-Shot

3. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

On the subject of Browning customer service: the trapshooters are always fussing about the :x slooooooow :x turnaround time they suffer with Browning. I've heard enough negative stuff about them so as to push me off their products. And I think their guns' looks are really sleek, so that's a bummer, as the younguns say. Well, saves me some $$$, at any rate :D .
    ///olde 8) pharte///

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

1gsplover I have 2 browning blr rifles that are as accurate as bolt guns,but then again I have never needed any repairs on them.I was told that browning fixed their pr problems,you might want to write browning a letter and mention your feelings and ask if they have indeed fixed their pr problems and mention which gun you were looking at,I'd be interested to hear what they have to say.2 days ago I shot my 742 rem(7400 predessor)and with 165 gr hornady interlocks and just a tad below factory listed velocitys I shot several sub 2 inch groups,most were 2 inch but when cold I can shoot 2 sub 2 inch groups then they grow 1/2 inch.That ain't bad for a semi-auto,150 gr ballestic tips will always shoot sub 2 inch groups and I can pop em off as fast as I can pull the trigger with no jams.Remington makes a good 7400,enjoy.Drop-Shot