Remington SPS

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by dh4stretch3, Oct 6, 2005.

1. dh4stretch3

dh4stretch3 Guest

Does anyone have any opinions on the Remington 700 SPS? If ya do, please share

2. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

I bought one chambered in 30-06 3-4 months ago. They are light, durable, and accurate. I can't realy find much to complain about. And the price is right.

3. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey stretch,do you have the stainless or blue?I love those rifles,the matte finish on the stainless rifle made some not like it,its a course blasted finish but I like it,you can wear a lightly beed blasted finish off with moderate use but the course stainless finish will never wear off.If I could swing it I would get one,I already bought 2 rifles and 2 pistols this year so I have to wait a spell,but when I do I will get one.Drop-Shot

4. 583

583 Guest

hey cook how much did ur gun cost U?

5. idahoriflelover

idahoriflelover Guest

I have viewed and sold a few SPS. Often, including myself, people think that because it is priced so low, that it is not going to be very durable or accurate. Well here is the truth and just not that I do not favor one rifle over the other brands. I own a few of each.
    Anyway, the sps idea was to have something to compete with the weatherby vangaurd. When I held a shooting tournament back in September that lasted 10 days, the Remington SPS in a 300 Remington Ulta Mag, went up against a Savage in a 300 Win Mag, a winchester in a 300 Short Mag, and a Vangaurd 300 Weatherby Mag.
    As far as recoil, the SPS kicked the hardest, but then again, you are shooting an Ultra, however, the SPS and the Weatherby were at a dead heat in accuracy of 5 shots.
    If you want my opinion, I would go with an SPS. Consider replying to me telling me what caliber you want and I will send you research