Reminton 710

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by [Smoke], Apr 23, 2005.

1. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Active Member

I was thinking of buying the Remington 710. Does anyone have one or an opinion about this model?

Thanks

2. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

dont do it its a piece of crap I know they are cheap but there is a reason for that! they are absolute crap i handled one in the shop and it was just a total POS and I have heard nothing but bad things about them If I were you I would spend a bit more and go with an ADL MUCH MUCH MUCH better gun and not a whole lot more another consideration for about the same price would be a savage they are cheap and extremely accurate and have the new accutrigger which I myself havent tried yet but have heard nothing but good about it.

Aaron

3. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

4. I have heard a lot of good things about the 710 but I myself didnt like the idea of teflon sleeve on the bolt i got a winchester model 70 instead for a little more. One more thing the 710 is perty much as is you can't upgrade or change things on the 710 rifle. Just research as much as you can and if you can fire one do it. See if you can talk to people who have one. Most people who say they suck never fired one or had one, most people who have one like them. Good luck on your on whatever rifle you get and have fun.

5. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I picked one up and had to slap the bolt to open it,I didn't look closely at it and did not know of nylon sleeves,I just figured I could lapp the bolt race way and lugs.No amount of lapping one will smooth nylon sleeves.I can't believe remington let this out with their name on it.Drop-Shot

6. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Active Member

I was looking at the bolt in the schematic on the remington website. I understand about the sleeve. When I was looking at the rifle in the store I noticed plastic incorporated into some of the parts of the bolt. With such an important role that the bolt plays, making it out of plastic doesn't seem a very logical idea. I'm wondering how the bolt would hold up with someone that shoots regularly. Not just during deer season.

As far as not being able to change or replace parts, one thing that even Remington points out is the barrel is pressed to the receiver? Something like that. I imagine that would mae it pretty hard to upgrade or even replace. It definitly does not sound like a good buy.

Thank guys for the replies!