Riflescope for .308

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Sponxx, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Sponxx

Sponxx Well-Known Member

Im getting a .308win rifle for deer hunting. Most of it is done in wide open spaces, mainly mountain side. Which scope do u recommend to get for it? will a 3-9x32 be good for a start and then maybe upgrade it? I have a bushnell sportsview scope in the spec's, will it tolerate the recoil on the .308?
    thanks

2. wired

wired Guest

Yeah, it'll take it. The .308 doesn't have quite THAT much recoil.

3. errolhunter

errolhunter Guest

hi guys if you have the money go up to a bushnell 3200 elite with rainguard it is a great scope i have one on my rem 700 in 270 sighted in scope 3 years ago and i have not changed the settings yet got it at basspro for around $200 i think . if i didn't already have bushell trophy scope on 5 other rifles i would put the elite series on all of them too.
    i wish my family members liked bushell so i could upgrade to all elites 3200

in my opinon save some money and buy what you want now instead of upgrading later ,in the long you will save money because if you can not sell old scope it will just sit on shelve in closet and collect dust .

hopes this helps you , errol

4. Outsider_10FP

Outsider_10FP Guest

As my non-military exp. behind has learned about scopes:
    1.) Application
    2.) Budget
    3.) Acuuracy
    4.) Preference
    and well I hate to admit it but I sometimes suffer from "my gun is bigger than yours" syndrome.
    SO with that I would get one based on 1-4
    I I shoot 5-1k and get flack on my Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14, as the 20oz bottle flies around, go figure!
    yes I can take out a Mnt Dew bottle at 500 yards but not at 1000
    I CAN hit a milk jug at 1k.

5. Sponxx

Sponxx Well-Known Member

I am getting a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm ballistic plex, which allows compensation for use different cartridges and distances. Havent mounted it yet, since I have to get back to peru. but it is a sweeeeet scope.

6. hoghunting

hoghunting Super Member

I have the same Burris 3-9X40 Ballistic Plex on a 300 WSM and have not had any problems with it. I am still amazed by the clarity and brightness of the scope and it can stand up to recoil.