Rounds through Rem. 700

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by D_white, Aug 21, 2005.

1. D_white

D_white Guest

I just bought a used Remingoton Model 700 synthetic w/ 22" barrel in .308 and 3-10X44 scope. I plan to take it to site in this week and was hoping some people would share their experiences with this gun. Perhaps if you have narrowed down to one you could tell me what kind of factory loads yours likes the best...brand, grain, etc?? I'll be shooting deer with this rifle in the woods with shots being 120-150 yards MAX. Thanks for any help!

2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

WELCOME TO SHOOTING WORLD..........

I don't use a .308 but thought I would get my Welcome in anyway.

Believe me, there will be more than one person to give you their opinion on which load you should use. lol

pd

3. D_white

D_white Guest

Thank you! And I hope to get some good responses. I have already gotten a ton of information from reading most of the old posts and hope to gain more knowledge as we go.

4. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Welcome aboard!
    If you're shooting factory stuff them buy some 150gr Rem Corlokt. For factory stuff these shoot well in my 308. If ya reload then its PLAYTIME!!!!!! 110gr HP on up to 180gr.

HWD

5. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

D- them firearms be a wee bit like people. Each one tends to be individualistic and has its own preferences for ammo. Tis hard to predict in advance if one brand will be better or worse and then there is what you define as acceptable accuracy. Having given that little disclaimer, Rem Core-lokts in 150 grain have worked very well for me on the whitetails (at least in my firearm). Most of the local marts run specials on this ammo (especially nearer to deer season) and buying in bulk helps shave a few pennies to finance more trips to the range/woods.