Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Remingoton Model 700 synthetic w/ 22" barrel in .308 and 3-10X44 scope. I plan to take it to site in this week and was hoping some people would share their experiences with this gun. Perhaps if you have narrowed down to one you could tell me what kind of factory loads yours likes the best...brand, grain, etc?? I'll be shooting deer with this rifle in the woods with shots being 120-150 yards MAX. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
583 Posts
D- them firearms be a wee bit like people. Each one tends to be individualistic and has its own preferences for ammo. Tis hard to predict in advance if one brand will be better or worse and then there is what you define as acceptable accuracy. Having given that little disclaimer, Rem Core-lokts in 150 grain have worked very well for me on the whitetails (at least in my firearm). Most of the local marts run specials on this ammo (especially nearer to deer season) and buying in bulk helps shave a few pennies to finance more trips to the range/woods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.