Ruger Frontier Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Reid, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Reid

Reid Guest

Have any of you bought one of these yet? How do you like it? Is it as good as they say for moving targets?

2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

3. wired

wired Guest

I had considered trading in my full-length M77 for one of the non-Frontier compact versions in the same caliber. I'm not really a big fan of the forward scope mount yet. I'm not too crazy about the balance of it, mostly. I'm sure it does make loading a heck of a lot easier, though. It would be a very nice rifle, so I'd suggest you at least handle one with a scope attached to it before you buy, if you can.

In the end, I decided not to trade off my beloved .308 M77, but I am still thinking of getting one of the compacts in .243 at some point.

4. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Guest

I think the rifle is decent, however while I was taking a look at buying one, I could not help but pick p a kimber montana so I ended up buying that. It is buy far the sweetet lightest well built rifle I have seen. It has the best production synthetic stock I have ever seen on a riffle. It concistantly shoots under 1 inch which is great for such a light rifle. Hoever it is $900 :x .