Ruger Love?

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by mak48, Jul 1, 2005.

1. mak48

mak48 Guest

who else loves their ruger, any type? My first is a 2004 m77 mkII in .30-06 and Though its almost new, I use my guns. At the range as often as possible and hunting hard. So who owns? who loves? who doesn't? and why for either?

2. wired

wired Guest

I'll bite. I've got a M77 MkII in .308 with a Hogue stock and aperture sights. Love it. Stainless GP100 .357mag with 4" barrel. Will name my firstborn child after it. Stainless Single Six with 7 1/2" barrel. Will name my secondborn child after it. Will own a stainless Vaquero in .357mag before too long. Might trade in an organ for it or something. That's why we've got 2 kidneys, right?

3. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

ive got a .44 carbine, a .338 win mag 77, a .300 win mag #1, a .220 swift 77, a 10/22, and a .44 mag redhawk and a ruger red label. needless to say im a big ruger fan :)

Aaron

ooh and I almost forgot the P85!

4. wired

wired Guest

Re: re: Ruger Love?

I used to have a 10/22 that had a lot of Volquartsen parts on it. Sucker drove tacks like no tomorrow. I should never have gotten rid of it, but I was having some jamming problems and sold it. I miss it now. I WON'T be trading my CZ 452 in for it, though.

....and no fair. I want a #1. One day in the future, when I have a real job and am to that point on my list of "must haves", I will be getting a #1 in 22-250 or something similar, heavy barrel, and I'm gonna put a really nice scope on it. That's a long way down the road, though :(

5. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

mak48

One of my favorite all time safari rifles was my Ruger 77 RSM in 416 Rigby. I got rid of that abomonation Ruger calls a trigger and replaced it with a Timney, however. My Ruger MKII SS in 338 has gone with me from Africa to Alaska...another Timney trigger... I bought my son a first generation 77 in 257 Roberts the first year of production in that caliber, and we had it re-chambered to 257 Ackley. It is one of the finest rifles I've ever shot...at any price! :D 8)

6. Pat T

Pat T Moderator

I've never owned a Ruger, always thought of them like a hammer- utilitarian but without fine craftsmanship. I've been looking for a GOOD 22lr bolt action to replace my 572 pump jam-master, so checked out Remmy 504, Kimber 82, Marlin. Of them all, the Kimber was probably the best, but too much $$$ for what I thought was there. Biggest disappointment was the Remmy, looked like it was inletted with a chainsaw, and just seemed sloppily fitted. What surprised me was the Ruger 77/22 laminated with stainless heavy barrel, nice trigger and really good fit and finish. This I belive is a quality firearm and the best value for the money. I think there will be one in my gun cabinet before the fall.