Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Savage model 11 Gl last year in 270 WSM and i love it, i get consistent 1/2 in groups at 100 yards with a cheapy Tasco world class my dad bought in the 80's and factory ammo. I was supposed to go hunting deer today but couldnt because it is pouring rain, well gotta go but i would like to know you opinions on Savage arms.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought my 11FL in .243 to hunt Whitetail deer this season and am very impressed with my Savage. The accutrigger is fantastic.
I am shooting 1/2" groups out of the box with my Nikon 3X9X40 scope and Remington 100gr Core-Lokt psp at 100 yards.
Looking forward to purchasing another 11FL in .308 right after Christmas.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I own three Savage products, was going to make it 4 'til a semi auto SX2 scattergun caught my attention just before waterfowl season. All in all I really enjoy shooting Savage rifles, especially with the Accutrigger. Have not had one yet that would not outshoot my abilities and the reasonable cost means I can fill up my cabinet a wee bit faster than I could otherwise (can't have too many "back-up" rifles IMO). Even the looks of the Savage stock rifles are growing on me.

I empathize 583, I was going to head out to the woods today but it was so darned windy (30 mph+) that I decided to hold off a day or two. Kind of regret it now sitting here since most any day in the woods beats sitting at home doing chores that I keep putting off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would rather be in the woods today or target shooting but the wife has me on Sundays to help around the house. It's the least I can do as I hear nothing from her when I sit in the woods from dawn to dusk during the whitetail season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.