Savage opinions

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by 583, Nov 12, 2005.

1. 583

583 Guest

I bought a Savage model 11 Gl last year in 270 WSM and i love it, i get consistent 1/2 in groups at 100 yards with a cheapy Tasco world class my dad bought in the 80's and factory ammo. I was supposed to go hunting deer today but couldnt because it is pouring rain, well gotta go but i would like to know you opinions on Savage arms.

2. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

The Savage is known for its accuracy . Look for some changes to come Savage in the future

3. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Accurate rifles...good barrels and triggers. :D

4. elderberry99

elderberry99 Guest

I bought my 11FL in .243 to hunt Whitetail deer this season and am very impressed with my Savage. The accutrigger is fantastic.
    I am shooting 1/2" groups out of the box with my Nikon 3X9X40 scope and Remington 100gr Core-Lokt psp at 100 yards.
    Looking forward to purchasing another 11FL in .308 right after Christmas.

5. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

I own three Savage products, was going to make it 4 'til a semi auto SX2 scattergun caught my attention just before waterfowl season. All in all I really enjoy shooting Savage rifles, especially with the Accutrigger. Have not had one yet that would not outshoot my abilities and the reasonable cost means I can fill up my cabinet a wee bit faster than I could otherwise (can't have too many "back-up" rifles IMO). Even the looks of the Savage stock rifles are growing on me.

I empathize 583, I was going to head out to the woods today but it was so darned windy (30 mph+) that I decided to hold off a day or two. Kind of regret it now sitting here since most any day in the woods beats sitting at home doing chores that I keep putting off.

6. elderberry99

elderberry99 Guest

I would rather be in the woods today or target shooting but the wife has me on Sundays to help around the house. It's the least I can do as I hear nothing from her when I sit in the woods from dawn to dusk during the whitetail season.

7. Savage rifles have been and continue to be one of the best shooting (out of the box) rifles on the market. With the Winchester factory & Remington Q/C issues, I think we will see a lot of shooters turning to Savage.

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Welcome NightHunter,you make good points about the Savage.Drop-Shot

9. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Welcome, NH!

I would like to see Savage come out with a CRF long action in 416 Rigby, 404 Jeffries, 375 H&H and the like. Their rifles are exceedingly accurate and dependable. :p

10. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:!: A Savage .416... at my age, better'n sex (well, almost). :lol:
    ///olde 8) pharte///