Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Is it just me or do you think Savage is trying to refine there guns. They are comming out with redesigns and new innovations such as a redesigned detachable magazine.Is the Stevens line going to be there lower end stuff? Just a thought.....

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I think you are right 8point,the new savage's are nice looking rifles,they most likely needed the nicer looking rifle market.I'm waiting to see how the savage/stevens rifles pan out,there sure were alot of them on the self at 1 of the local gun shops,I counted 7 and the guy that runs the gun dept said they had about 10 in the back.One of the other gun shops only ordered 5 and sold out in one day of a sale.If you hear anything good or bad about them let me know.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The model 200 has become a fairly good seller in this area as a starter rifle. A gunshop owner friend of mine told me today he ordered 5 and as sold 3 of them . He will be ordering some more very soon. I got on Savages web sight and they anounced that Stevens was going to be there economy line , and they were bringing back the Fox brand name for there flagship guns. In my opinion , Savage is looking to be the major player they were so many years ago.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well with Savage being one of the last American made rifles and their accu-triger and their new lines, I'd say they are doing pretty well. They make a real nice rifle at a fair price. The quality is much better than the Japanese Winchesters and shoot great. I am glad to see them doing this.

Speaking of Savage, I am hunting this year with a Model 99 in 358 win. Check out this cover I made for the stock.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Thats a dandy leather guard levergun and I really like your caliber 358 win.I too have one but its a browning lever,very accurate.Savage is working on the nice looking rifle market and I think they will take their fair share.Have you heard any accuracy reports about the stevens rifles?I saw more gray rifles lined up again at a local gunshop and know they will disappear like the last ones.Did you get your elk?Take care.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey DS. Looks like the 200 has got that old Savage accuracy. I don't know the Stats but a guy that bought one in 7-08 came by and told us the gun was a real shooter. I think its worth the money for someone who needs a rifle but not alot of cash

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
8point and levergun when I can I just may have to get one,I asked the sales rep at one of the gun stores here and he said he had 1 returned for inspection,only fired sometimes,thats 1 out 33 sold,the only other complaint was a cracked stock.Thats not bad! 2 out of 33 had complaints,I'll take those odds.They were sent back to the factory and promised a 2 week turnaround worst case,1 week turnaround at best.One needs to find its way in my safe.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
If they would bring the 99 back I know I'll get one,they would be pricey though.I heard the profit margin was too low so they stopped them,with the same quality as before I'd get one.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Levergun I plan to some day,99 would look great in my safe,that 358 in a 99 savage is hard to come by and alot of 99's I see at gun shows are so worn that I wouldn't want waste my time or money.I had bought a savage 99 in 300 savage in the early 60's that was about 10 years old and never sold.Lost in boxes in a Western Auto and one day it was found and I was the first person to see it,put it on law a way and killed more deer than I can count and quite a number of coyote with that rifle,open sights.I traded it for a car.I will have to get another one day.Drop-Shot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.