Scope issues relating to Burris Fullfield

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Merton Leeper, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Merton Leeper

Merton Leeper Guest

:) About the time my Ruger stock broke on my 338 Win Mag, I still had a elk license and needed to use my new Weatherby Vanguard chambered in 7mm Mag. as my backup and scoped with a fairly new Burris Fullfield Scope - you guessed it my scope was totally messed up. For some reason it was not clear, tight, and did not shoot accurately. I considered getting rid of it but thought Burris might help me out. After all, the reason I bought a Burris was the lifetime guarantee and the fact they are located in Colorado.
    Upon contacting Burris and letting them know how unhappy I was with this scope, they encouraged me to send it to them and they would go thru it completely on warranty. Additionally, they agreed to put in a ballistic plex for a nominal fee. So, I sent it in thinking it would take months to get back. It was back in less than two weeks - clearer than ever and with this kool ballistic plex. Now the range would tell the tail.
    Finally got it to the range today. The Burris Fullfield is mounted on a new Weatherby Vanguard Stainless in 7mm Mag. The first two shots were on target - after adjustments made with a cool barrel - the rifle/scope combo was shooting groups of less than 1/2 inch directly above the bullseye. I am impressed by its quality and the ability of Burris to take it apart, fix it, put in a ballistic plex, and get it back to me within a two week time frame.
    I would recommend this scope with the Ballistic Plex. I also am considering using this Weatherby as my primary weapon. I can't believe the close groups. I was using Federal Premium 7mm Mag in 165 grain configuration. My 338 Win Mag is grouping just under 1 inch at 100 yards.
    Hope this information is of value to the group.
    Semper Fi

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Merton I looked at the Burris and was expecting less than the best,I was amazed at how clear the scope was and like you said the warrenty is lifetime.I would not hesitate to put one on any of my rifles.I have used mostly leupold but when compared to each other I could not tell enough difference to matter,the one I looked at was the black diamond and about the same price as the leupold.I haven't checked out the fullfield much but the black diamond is a super clear scope.Drop-Shot

3. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Thank you for the feedback. It is nice to hear the good things about the manufacturers...........since mostly we hear the bad!

4. Merton Leeper

Merton Leeper Guest

Drop-Shot. Just had a close friend, who will be hunting with me this year buy a Burris Signature with a Ballistic Plex. Could not tell him what I thought of the product because I had not gone to the range yet to form an opinion. He researched many scopes (mostly high end) - in the end, his wife went out to a local Sportsman's Warehouse and they sold her the Burris Signature. He mounted it on his new rifle, Remington 7mm Mag long barrel - 26", and was as impressed as I was with my cheap run of the mill Fullfield. The product is great and you can pay as little or as much as you want for it. I think the Fullfield II is a great purchase for the money - of course with a Ballistic Plex!

Good to hear from you, hope all is going well. Mert

5. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

I've been happy with Burris scopes too. I have a 2x with Posilock on a 454 Casull Ruger Super Redhawk, which can be fairly punishing to a scope, and it has survived the nearly 700 rounds I've put through it so far. Most have been 250 gr Winchesters which are fairly mild for the 454 but there have been a few hundred 300 gr and another 100 or so Magtech 260 gr which are considerably hotter. I also have a 3x9 Signature with Posilock that has migrated from my 375 H&H to my 6mm Remington with no adverse affects. I would easily rate them comparable with Leupold inthe same price brackets and wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

6. danurve

danurve Guest

I have been looking at the Fullfield II for a glass upgrade to the 700, right now the scope I want comes with a spotter. Unfortunatly the checking account still says no, maybe around x-mas time. anyhow, I e-mailed them about the sunshade option and they responded;
    ---
    John,
    At this time we do not have a sunshade for the 4.5x-14x-42mm FFII but we will be coming with one in the next few months. The part number will be 626035. The shade will be 3" in length and stackable.

Thank you,
    Burris Company
    ---