Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington model 700 in 22-250cal. I was just wondering if anybody has any experience or could suggest a scope for this gun. I currently have the bushnell banner 6x-18x power that I'm less than impressed with. I'm looking for a scope with a a max price of $700.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well Stoogots, there are a lot of good choices out there and I'd recommend a trip to several shops to see what matches your likes and then looking over several brands. Leupold is an old standby, hard to beat, and I like their customer service on the rare occasions I've needed it. Simmons products have also worked fine for me and their customer service has also been rather good.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you are looking to drop that kind of cash look at Zeiss or Swarovski. I personally like Leupolds too, and just like mountainview said they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regardless of manufacturer, I would definately recommend a 30mm scope over a 1" tube scope for the rifle you have. That rifle, chambered for that round will be capable of REALLY long distances. If you handload, and/or have the rifle "trued" it is highly likely that your rifle will be VERY accurate at REEEEEALLLY long ranges 500-700yds +. 1" tube scopes cannot be used for those ranges because they run out of room (adjustments) at about 450yds. And what good is a rifle that is accurate to 700yds if the scope can only go to 450???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts