Scopes

Discussion in 'Small Bore' started by KaBar, Jan 30, 2005.

1. KaBar

KaBar Guest

Just wondering what kind of scopes you all use on your .22s. I could use a new one on my Remington pump gun and am looking for some ideas. Thanks!

2. goose

goose Guest

for a 22 or 223 i would not go over a 4 power. and a huge eye relief is not necessary as you would not get the kick.

personaly a 1.5 to 5 power or a fixed 4 power would be my first choice depending on the application. honestly for most 22's i use iron sights

3. grimel

grimel Guest

Simmons 22mag 4x fixed or a 2x pistol scope set up in scout configuration.

I pretty much stay somewhere around that combination with everything.

4. KaBar

KaBar Guest

My problem is I'm personally not very good with iron sights. The only gun that I seem to do good with iron sights with is a Savage 24B-DL (under/over .22/20ga). For whatever reason I can't hit anything with other gun's iron sights.

Has that Simmons been pretty good to you? To adjust the crosshairs does it click or just move freely?

5. grimel

grimel Guest

Yes, it's been fine. Don't remember. I still have a few thousand rounds of what I used to zero it - it hasn't moved. I THINK is clicks.

6. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Kabar,

I put a Redhead(BASSPRO) 3x9 on my Marlin. It's set for rimfire(parallex) distances. If I remember correctly,it did't cost much over $50,if that much. It's very clear and holds it's zero,so I'll keep it on there.

HWD

7. I bought a Bushnell Banner 4-12 x 40mm for my Marlin 60. So far it has been a good scope.

8. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Clayshooter,

I've got one of those on my Marlin 22 mag. It was on my 243 prior to that. They are still at Wallyworld for around $79. With the AO work well on rimfires.

9. My local Wal-Mart didn't carry the Banner so I ordered it on MidwayUSA. I believe they had a similar scope there though. I think it was called the Sportsman.

10. asmith5

asmith5 Guest

I use a Simmons 3-9X32. It seems to work well for my needs.

Andrew

11. moontroll

moontroll Guest

Well i just got out of the loony bin,so dont think to bad of me :shock: My CZ lutz is wearing a leupold m8 fixed 6x42.My Browning bl-22 is wearing a leupold vx111 3.5-10x40.My Marlin 880 bolt is wearing a leupold vx11 3-9x40,and heres the kicker,my marlin 7000 auto is wearing a Zeiss conqest 3.5-10x44

12. vashooter

vashooter Well-Known Member

OK- now I don't feel so silly about having a 3-9x40 Bushnell on my Marling 60. I thought I was over scoped! :lol:
    Seriously though- a 22LR really doesn't need anything more than a fixed 4x, but the 2-7x32's are good too. I also have a 3-9x32 Bushnell on my Marlin 883 in 22mag. I like the 32mm scopes better than the 40mm's for a 22- looks more appropriately sized for the rifles.

13. jeepinjakear15

jeepinjakear15 Guest

simmons 3-9X50 bought it for 39.95 at the walmart a killer deal if you ask me i have one on my air rifle too

14. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Use an inexpensive 2.5X or so shotgun scope. :idea: They are paralax corrected to 75 yards and are great for a 22. :D

15. wired

wired Guest

I've got a Leupold VX-I on top of my CZ 452. When I get my new rifle, the VX-I will be swapped over to the new one, and I'll be putting a VX-II on my 452. A good .22 just BEGS for good glass. It's the rifle you'd normally shoot the most, and the inherent accuracy of the rifle makes the good scope worthwhile.

16. APEXDUCK

APEXDUCK Well-Known Member

I have a number of different scopes on my 22's. Old Winchester 69a has a Bushnell fixed 4x, China made 22 bolt action has a Tasco 3-9x . I have a just put a Busnell Banner 1.5-4.5x on my Ruger 77/22 (w/custom heavy barrel) and love it. Can hit a 4 inch circle at 100yrds with it all day long off hand. I like the lower power setting, makes for fast target pick up with both eyes open.

APEXDUCK

17. wired

wired Guest

Update: Got my VX-II 1-4X20 on my 452, and I put the Alumina flip-up scope covers on both ends. I couldn't ask for a better setup. I'm loving it!

18. M311D

M311D Guest

Weaver and Tasco 4x.