Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of scopes you all use on your .22s. I could use a new one on my Remington pump gun and am looking for some ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
for a 22 or 223 i would not go over a 4 power. and a huge eye relief is not necessary as you would not get the kick.

personaly a 1.5 to 5 power or a fixed 4 power would be my first choice depending on the application. honestly for most 22's i use iron sights

·
Registered
185 Posts
Simmons 22mag 4x fixed or a 2x pistol scope set up in scout configuration.

I pretty much stay somewhere around that combination with everything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is I'm personally not very good with iron sights. The only gun that I seem to do good with iron sights with is a Savage 24B-DL (under/over .22/20ga). For whatever reason I can't hit anything with other gun's iron sights.

Has that Simmons been pretty good to you? To adjust the crosshairs does it click or just move freely?

·
Registered
185 Posts
KaBar said:
Has that Simmons been pretty good to you? To adjust the crosshairs does it click or just move freely?
Yes, it's been fine. Don't remember. I still have a few thousand rounds of what I used to zero it - it hasn't moved. I THINK is clicks.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Kabar,

I put a Redhead(BASSPRO) 3x9 on my Marlin. It's set for rimfire(parallex) distances. If I remember correctly,it did't cost much over $50,if that much. It's very clear and holds it's zero,so I'll keep it on there.

HWD

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Clayshooter,

I've got one of those on my Marlin 22 mag. It was on my 243 prior to that. They are still at Wallyworld for around $79. With the AO work well on rimfires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My local Wal-Mart didn't carry the Banner so I ordered it on MidwayUSA. I believe they had a similar scope there though. I think it was called the Sportsman.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well i just got out of the loony bin,so dont think to bad of me :shock: My CZ lutz is wearing a leupold m8 fixed 6x42.My Browning bl-22 is wearing a leupold vx111 3.5-10x40.My Marlin 880 bolt is wearing a leupold vx11 3-9x40,and heres the kicker,my marlin 7000 auto is wearing a Zeiss conqest 3.5-10x44

·
Registered
162 Posts
clayshooter25/25 said:
I bought a Bushnell Banner 4-12 x 40mm for my Marlin 60. So far it has been a good scope.
OK- now I don't feel so silly about having a 3-9x40 Bushnell on my Marling 60. I thought I was over scoped! :lol:
Seriously though- a 22LR really doesn't need anything more than a fixed 4x, but the 2-7x32's are good too. I also have a 3-9x32 Bushnell on my Marlin 883 in 22mag. I like the 32mm scopes better than the 40mm's for a 22- looks more appropriately sized for the rifles.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Use an inexpensive 2.5X or so shotgun scope. :idea: They are paralax corrected to 75 yards and are great for a 22. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've got a Leupold VX-I on top of my CZ 452. When I get my new rifle, the VX-I will be swapped over to the new one, and I'll be putting a VX-II on my 452. A good .22 just BEGS for good glass. It's the rifle you'd normally shoot the most, and the inherent accuracy of the rifle makes the good scope worthwhile.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a number of different scopes on my 22's. Old Winchester 69a has a Bushnell fixed 4x, China made 22 bolt action has a Tasco 3-9x . I have a just put a Busnell Banner 1.5-4.5x on my Ruger 77/22 (w/custom heavy barrel) and love it. Can hit a 4 inch circle at 100yrds with it all day long off hand. I like the lower power setting, makes for fast target pick up with both eyes open.

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
681 Posts
Update: Got my VX-II 1-4X20 on my 452, and I put the Alumina flip-up scope covers on both ends. I couldn't ask for a better setup. I'm loving it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts