Secondary Firearms sales

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by MeandCoco, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. MeandCoco

    MeandCoco Guest

    Hey guys, I'm in the process of selling a firearm to a friend but other than a reciept, is there any form I should be filling out to show a transfer of ownership? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. wwb

    wwb Super Member

    Technically, I think you need an FFL transfer if he lives in another state - if you both live in the same state, then state laws apply - check to see if your state has a website that covers the requirements... or talk to the local police; they may know if there are any special requirements.

  3. Drop-Shot

    Drop-Shot Super Member

    To be honest wwb I never thuoght about it like that .We just made up a sales contract and had it noterized,both sides got a copy.I guess I should check with a ffl dealer and make sure I didn't break any laws.We don't want guns in the hands of people that would not qualify,thats not good for our sport.Do as wwb said and ask a gun dealer at any gun shop and see what he says.If a person approches you and asks for you to buy guns for him,tell him yes and turn him in.Tell the gun dealer and he will know who to call.Be wise.Drop-Shot