smallbore?

Discussion in 'To the Admin' started by UltraMag, Feb 5, 2005.

1. UltraMag

UltraMag Guest

There's a forum for the rimfire, medium bore, and large bore.
    Am i the only one looking for a small bore forum that doesn't exist?

2. wired

wired Guest

Okay, I'm quite a bit late (I don't hit this part of the forum very often, obviously), but I was sure having a hard time finding one myself. I'd say it is long past due for us to have one.

3. Maser

Maser Super Member

i think rimfire sorta qualifies as a small bore unless ur talkin bout old school .44 rimfires

4. wired

wired Guest

We're referring to cartridges in the .24 and below centerfires.

It's also odd to note that medium bore starts at .338 and goes up. Is .30 now considered smallbore??

5. Maser

Maser Super Member

i always thought .30 caliber was the start of the medium bore catagory

6. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Who Cares??? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

OK...OK...just kidding, and I like to shoot small bore, too. You know 35 Whalen and 338...Oh...you mean SMALL BORE? :oops:

I do think we need that forum here, and I have a bunch of questions for the tiny tube shooters here. My first question is why does the 222 Rem garner so much more loyalty from precision shooters than the off-shoot 223? Is it that much more accurate that it makes any difference?

I have never owned a tripple duce, but have had some tack driving 223's. I'm all ears and welcome input. :D

L2S

7. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Luv2,
    Don't really know why,but the triple deuce was(is) just amazing. Ya oughta try one out of a Contender!

8. wired

wired Guest

Probably not a huge amount of difference, but then again, those benchrest-type guys can be pretty strange sometimes. On the other hand, the rifle industry would probably still be in the stone age if it weren't for them.

I tell ya what.... buy me matching match-grade rifles with top-quality optics, one in .222, one in .223, and I'll do some research for you and post my results. I'd go through all that for you guys.

9. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Hate to break it to ya,Wired,but if Luv2 won't send me his little English Shotgun so I can keep it comfortable and well used,then I ain't gonna buy YOU something. Sorry! Just the way its gotta be this time. HAHA

HWD

10. shootingworld

shootingworld Owner/Admin Staff Member

Don't know what ya'll are talking about. Small Bore is right there above Medium Bore :wink:

11. wired

wired Guest

You sneaky devil.

12. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Re: re: smallbore?

Who cares.......oh, I already said that. :oops: Nobody read this post. It is redundant, and I already said that, making me redundant... :roll: