Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the posts are very old , But if anyone still needs help , I have learned a lot about these great guns over the last year and would be glad to help if i can .

I am sure that some of the new guys also will be a wealth of info . :wink: :wink:

· Registered
426 Posts
Kool. Do you know anyone shooting a .375 H&H single-shot? I have the stuff for reloading, so I want to stick with the .375 (if not too painful) for a truck gun. I also reload for 45-70, but I've heard that can clear your sinuses when shot from a T/C, so I'm guessing it would be stout in a NEF. Thanks for any info.
///olde 8) pharte///

· Registered
79 Posts
The .375 H&H would be pushing the limits of the frame strength on a Handi at 50,000cup, don't think I'd want to ruin a frame to try it. I know of a 300win mag done on a Handi, it ruined the frame after just a few shots. I think the only magnum cartridge that could be done would be the smaller mags like 222mag and maybe the 257 wby mag, by keeping the case head thrust issue on the small size. The largest and highest pressure NEF offering now is the .500 S&W at 50,000psi. Even though the Handi is chambered in .270 win with pressures at 65000psi, the case head is smaller.

· Registered
5 Posts
stimpylu32 said:
Some of the posts are very old , But if anyone still needs help , I have learned a lot about these great guns over the last year and would be glad to help if i can .

I am sure that some of the new guys also will be a wealth of info . :wink: :wink:
Quickdtoo said:
Me too!! :wink:
So nice to see you guys made the migration from Graybeard & Marlinowners! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.