Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a reasonably priced (cheap) spotting scope so I don't have to walk back and forth to my targets set at 100 yards every time I want to shoot my rifles.
Anyone have any suggestions on what is a good buy for one?
Please remember, I am not mounting this on my rifle. I have my Nikons for shooting game. I only want to punch paper and be able to see the holes out to 100 yards or so.
Thanks..

· Registered
681 Posts
If it was going to be used for some more serious applications, I'd say go straight for something like a Leupold, Nikon, Burris, etc. If you're wanting to save some cash for a limited-use scope, I'd look at some of the ones at Cabela's, because they seem to offer quite a bit for the money.

· Registered
3,764 Posts
I loaned a friend money and he couldn't pay it back so he gave me his Tasco spooting scope and window tripod,I found out it retails for 120.00,less than I loaned him but at least I have something tangible.The spotting scope works fine and thats all I use it for,the shooting range.I found a used one with a case in a pawn shop for 60.00 and it seemed to be just fine.Its not a Leupold or Nikon but it works well.For detail at long distances the Nikon I looked through was super clear as was the Leupold but this cheap Tasco works like a charm for what I use it for.Drop-Shot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.