Stevens 200

Discussion in 'Bolt Action' started by fasterthanbrian, Jun 4, 2005.

1. fasterthanbrian

fasterthanbrian Guest

Does anyone own one of these or has anyone seen a review on it?

2. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Have seen some comments by owners and the 200 seems to be a typical Savage, accurate and low-cost and only lacks the Accutrigger. I'm tempted to procure one or two myself once I get a bigger gunsafe (old one seemed to get filled up somehow).

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

The January 06 American Hunter has a good review of this rifle.

4. bgoldhunter

bgoldhunter Well-Known Member

I am thinking of buying one to play with since I saw how one shoots. My buddy got one in 25-06 for his kids, and after trigger work, shoots less than MOA with his 11 year olds shooting. Not shabby...and I hear BPS has a sale on them in .270 and 30-06 for $199. Might get one and a different barrel to go with it.

5. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

They are selling like hotcakes around here

6. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I finally got the chance to pick one up and play with the action a bit.When pulled back its loose as a goose in the slide rails like all the 110's I looked at over the years,yep it was loose till you pushed the bolt foreward and went into bolt lockup,then it was super tight,It felt tighter than alot of guns that were on the used rack with it,with a super tight lockup it most likely will shoot well.I have other guns I want to buy first but soon I will have one of those little shooters,looked at 7mm08 or 308.Drop-Shot