Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Leupold Vari XIII 1.75-6X scope with wide duplex rangefinder reticle.
Mounted solidly on .375 H&H. At first, I thought I was going (1) nuts, (2) blind, or (3) both. The focus on this scope sometimes CHANGES when the rifle is fired. Groups have grown into patterns. Anybody ever heard of this kind of erratic scope behavior? I have mounted a tried and proven Burris on the rifle and will shoot that Monday or Tuesday. What a PITA!
///olde :cry: pharte///

· Premium Member
447 Posts
Sounds like some pieces-parts loose inside. Woulda never thunk it with a Loopy. Seen it happen a lot with Tascos and the like. If the scope swap verifies, send it in, I'm sure they'll fix and make you happy.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: And I just bet you'd like that price way more than I would :lol: . Nah, can't part with this rascal...my first Loopy... I WILL make the cussed thing work! :shock:
///olde :wink: pharte///

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) Mounted a known-quantity Burris on .375 and got to the range yesterday. 210 grainers still pattern :( more than group. 235 gr Sierra semi spitzer grouped :shock: 2.25" :lol: at 100 yards with me flinching (toward the end of a shooting session w/.375 I get very recoil :evil: conscious). A good rifleman could easily get 1.5" groups with the 235 ss. Gave the 210 gr magic-x bullets to my son for loading squibs. Next project, please...
///olde :) 8) :) pharte///

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: Yeah, now that the novelty has worn off, I find that 8-9 shots w/.375 are aplenty for any single day. Then I fall back on the .223 or even .17 HMR. There's a contrast for you!
o. 8) ph.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesterday four adult males with four different optical prescriptions shot the Burris-.375 combo at fifty yards. ALL shots within 1.75"/2.00". I'm satisfied. Now, to get that Leupold
up and running on my 45-70 and I will be a :p happy fella.
///olde :) pharte///

· Registered
106 Posts
Good to Leupold's customer service is as good as advertized. I own a couple of their scopes and they are top quality. Wish i could afford a Leupold for every rifle I own. Hard to justify them for my 22's though. have to stick with Bushnell for them, for now.

APEXDUCK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.