Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'M THINKING OF GETTING A WHEELGUN. MAYBE THE TAURUS 44 TEN. IT WILL SHOOT .45LC, 410 SHELLS, AND .44-40. WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON THEM, IE STRENGHT & DURIBILITY. THE PRICE SEEMS RIGHT. UNDER$600

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
jcwat I have a 44 mag Taurus with a 6 inch barrel,I bought it when they first came out,the only problem is its ported and so loud you only will shoot it once without hearing protection.It is the most accurate 44 I own,I have shot hundreds of rounds through it with no problems noted however even Taurus don't recommend ruger loads,stick with max listed non-ruger velocitys.My hope one day is to get a Colt Anaconda 44 mag,I use a 629 S&W 44 mag also.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey DROP-SHOT, vel/chamber psi is my biggest concern. i guess i'll have to keep picking up pennies in the parking lots and buy the pricer ruger. i already own a ruger sp101 and love it. now it's time to move up to a big boy caliber. (45LC)

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
jcwat I have a blackhawk and a couple vaquaro's in 45 lc,I bought some Buffalo Bore ammo,265 gr jhp at around 1400 fps,they are HOT!I also want to get a super redhawk in 454 cassull some day.While I have never heard of a Taurus coming apart I have heard of 1 that got stretched due to hot loads,I have never heard of one that shot factory or factory level velocitys having problems.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
8 Posts
When Taurus came out with the .454 Raging Bull I purchased one. The problems I had was that powder kept the front sight covered up and it wasnt that accurate. It held together just fine tho. I shot plenty of rounds threw it until I broke down and bought my Freedom arms .454.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have one of the 5 shot Trackers in 45LC and just love it , so far it has taken everything that i have fed it with good results even my hand loads .

It seems to like the 255 rnfp the best , which soots me just fine because their cheaper to shoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.